Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Emerald Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 11:44:21 AM reply with quote send message to Emerald Meadows Object to Post

I voted!

I assume all the entries were on that previous post link?

I have this bitch with an 11 Coat. www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4754207

She's been bred a couple times by her original owner. In about two more days I'll breed her again. I'll Definitely try to keep that 11 in the mix!

It looks like her litters were mixed with a 12 in coat being the lowest result.
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 1:24:58 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

For those of you worried about coat (another shameless advertisement here), I have a boy with 10 coat and 10 TNB.

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4911775
 Blessedborne
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 2:20:28 PM reply with quote send message to Blessedborne Object to Post

Hi Raistlins,

I had seen Adonis before and I do plan to use him at least twice. If you ever decide to sell him please let me know!

Thanks,

Talis

Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 8:31:05 PM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

I just bred a bitch to Adonis. He is a great one.

Robbie

(shameless endorsement)
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 9:36:37 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

Lol, thanks you guys! I am excited to have him happy :)
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 12:38:46 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

OOh yes, nice boy!

Hey, our G1's turn 30 days old tomorrow happy :) Time for G2's to be born soon!
 Crystal Nights
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 12:30:07 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Nights Object to Post

I have some dogs for sale. I am downsizing to move them to another kennel. I have way too many kennels.
 Star*Gems
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 3:32:18 PM reply with quote send message to Star*Gems Object to Post

For those of you that didn't get my email (book) and are part of the club.

This past week a lot of things have been going on behind the scenes. First of all we have chosen a committee to kind of run things. That committee met this weekend except for our absent member Norge who I am assuming forgot lol. (BTW Norge email me, we volunteered you for a job so you’ll have to email me for details.) Ok I would like to introduce you to your leaders and what they are in charge of. There jobs will be explained in detail later in the email and yes this is going to be a very long email so be patient with me please.

Blue Bunny (Char) She is president of the club and maintains the club’s website.
Star*Gems (me, you can call me Tammy or Wild) Vice President. Club communications
And will be maintaining club membership roster. And whatever else needs to
Be done that someone else isn’t doing. Hall Of Fame
Fjord Pass (Tiff) In charge of Breeder of the Month, Dog of the Month and Bitch of the
Month Awards. If anyone would like to help her with that please email
Her.
Sprixia(Rom or Alexis whichever you prefer) Alexis will be making the Awards that
Winners receive to put on either their kennel page or their dogs page. If you
Are a banner maker and would like to help her out just email her.
Lirio Blanco (Rosa) She is in charge of the BOM Award and the BrOM Award.
Norge (Robbie) He will be maintaing a list of Monthly champions on the website.

Now onto the lengthy part of this email. I will be explaining the things that were discussed and decided on in our meeting this weekend. We decided that we will be having a monthly committee meeting to be held in Tiki chat in the Backwoods room on the 1st Sunday of every month at 7pm SD time. Char will have the date and time’s of the meetings listed on the site. If you have any ideas for the club please contact me and we will discuss them at our meetings.

Char’s Jobs – Char is going to be in charge of mainting our website and posting new/updates and adds. Making sure the rest of us are maintaing our parts of the site and fixing anything we mess up..lol. If you have ideas for the site, suggestions or see an error please contact her so that she can get it fixed. Adds – We decided to do away with the litter for sale page and the upcoming litters page. To replace those we have decided to allow members to submit adds to Char for her to post. These adds would be… a banner advertising your kennel, a pp of a stud you have up for stud, a pp of a female you are willing to lease out and so on. All adds should be either banner size or PP size made with non copyright pics and sources posted on pic. They should be made either by you or a banner maker of your choice. Char will not make the adds but she will post the adds submitter to her. You can also make a banner advertising your banner making services.
ALL ADDS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO CHAR FOR POSTING

My Jobs – Once Char has the member list updated I will be in charge of keeping it updated. If you decided to leave the breed you must email me so I can take you off the club’s membership roster. The membership roster will be maintained on the club site, but if you would like an updated list with links to each kennel then email me and I’ll see that you have an updated list. I am also in charge of club correspondence. I will be sending emails out to all members each month after the committee meeting to keep you all updated on what is going on. If you have a correspondence that you would like to go out to all members then send it to me and I will make sure each member gets it’s. If you have general questions or problems email me and I’ll see what I can do to help or answer your questions. I am also in charge of the Hall of Fame. What is this you ask. There are 4 catagories for the Hall of Fame, this will be given out once a year. Category 1 Top Producer of the Year – this would be the top stud and or bitch that produced the most champion offspring for the year. You would submit your stud and/or bitch to the committee and the committee reviews all submissions and votes on winner. Category 2 Top Winner of the Year – this would be the dog or bitch with the best show record for the year. Nomination and voting is same as category 1. Category 3 Top All Around Dog/Bitch of the Year – This is the ultimate goal, this is the dog that not only outshone everyone else in the ring but outshone as a producer as well. This is every breeders dream dog, the one that did the most for the breed all around. Nominations and voting same as others. Category 4 Top Breeder of the Year. This is the breeder we all (I hope so anyway) wants to be. They do outstandingly well in the ring, they pop out those homebred champs like no tomorrow. They help and encourage their fellow breeders. They selflessly do what they have to to further the breed as a whole and not just themselves. You may not nominate yourself for this award, this is for the rest of us to say well done. Nominees will be submitted to the committee and the committee will review and vote. These awards should be eagerly sought. More details will follow as it gets closer to the end of the year.

Tiff’s Job – We have decided to have 3 monthly contests. Tiff will be announcing each month at the same time when to start sending her nominations for each contest. She will then let everyone know who the nominees are for and everyone will have a chance to vote. Tiff will announce the winners and they will receive their award from Alexis to post on their kennel or dog page. Breeder of the Month – This breeder can be anyone you wish, you can nominate them for being kind and helping others in the breed, you can choose them because they do outstandingly well in the ring or is an outstanding breeder that is willing to share pups and studs and bitches. It is your choice who you nominate and who you vote for. You may not nominate yourself but you may vote for yourself. Tiff will give more details once she works them out. Dog of the Month – Like breeder of the month you will nominate and vote on. You may nominate your own dog if you wish. Bitch of the Month – Same as dog but the female this time..lol. For all three of these monthly awards you will send your nominations to Tiff and she will compile the list of nominees for everyone to vote on. She will be announcing when to nominate and when to vote. If you have any questions concering anything to do with monthly awards please email Tiff at Fjord Pass.

Rosa’s Job – I can tell you we had a blast in the meeting coming up with these two. The BOM Award (I get a kick out of that title) BOM stands for Buhund of Merit. This is an award that your dog automatically gets if it meets certain requirements. What are the requirements you ask..well I’ll tell you..lol If your bitch produces 15 Champions send a submission to Rosa and she will look over your bitch. If she sees that your bitch meets the requirements you will receive a BOM Award to use as a PP for your bitch that has produced so well. If your stud produces 25 Champion offspring then submit him to Rosa and she will review him and if he meets the requirements you will receive a BOM Award to use as PP. These should be submitted by the person that owns the bitch or stud. The BrOM Award. There are actually 3 levels to this award. If you have bred 10 Champions you will receive a Bronze BrOM Award to put on your kennel page. If you have bred 25 champions you will receive a Silver BrOM Award and if you have bred 50 Champions you will receive a Gold BrOM. You must have bred these champions yourself. When you have reached the required produced champions submit your kennel to Rosa for review and she will award you your BrOM Award. BrOM stands for Breeder Of Merit. If you have any questions or submissions for this award email Rosa at Lirio Blanco

Robbie’s Job – (note to Robbie, if you want to help in anything else or want a different job then email me) On the website Robbie will list dogs that have championed for that month. Once your dog has gotten it’s championship submit the name and date it finished and he will post it to the website for that month. Robbie you can either just list that months or keep a continues list. I personally think if it was continueous it would eventually get huge. But it’s your project and you can do it how ever you want. See Char with how to update things on the site.

I am really sorry this email is soooo long. But I wanted you all to know what was decided. I think I remembered to cover everything. If you have any questions, comments, want to help whatever please email the appropriate person.

Tammy
Star*Gems
Vice President SDNBC
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 4:47:13 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

I have to say that I'm very excited about the monthly awards and such. It's going to be a fun part of being in this breed happy :)

And, I was wondering if everyone is ready for Buhunds-Wave 2? Just about all of my first Gen 1 girls are expecting...I'm going to have more pups than I know what to do with laugh :D
 Karayan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 5:44:17 PM reply with quote send message to Karayan Kennels Object to Post

Hey guys...

Lots of stuff has come up in my life off of sd, and I doubt how often I'll get on during the next 5+ months... so I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to stop Bu s... I may give up this kennel all-together, or I may pair up with a Cav breeder to bring it to my previous kennel's splendor... at most, all I will do is log on once a month or so to work on my line.
So I have 1 starter, and 2 litters, all goodish, up for sale (they aren't actually up, because they haven't even been named yet)
If you would like one, just email me a link and a name (pref one that goes with dad's #) All are 100.
Thanks, KK
 Star*Gems
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 6:07:59 PM reply with quote send message to Star*Gems Object to Post

Sorry to see you leave the breed Karayan. Hopefully when your life gets back on an even keel you can come back and join us in buhunds again. And yes Raist I am ready...just bred all my new breeds...in 15days I am going to have a very long night going through puppies..lol

Tammy
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2007 11:56:44 PM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4785787

Ch Firebyrd Armadillo. First Buhund Ch male (by merit of being in a show that ran just before that of the 2nd boy that finished the same nite!), G1,

7 head, 13 coat.

Sire and dam the top 2 SOP G0 Buhunds (72.5 and 71.5). Dam is the #1 All time and #1 March winning Buhund, Ch Bonfires Blue.

Star*Gems
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 1:25:01 AM reply with quote send message to Star*Gems Object to Post

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all of you being such great breeders and helping one another out and sharing studs and all that. You all work together and you guys are what is going to make this breed such an awesome breed to be a part of. I can't wait till we can start passing out awards to you guys. All of you need an award I'm telling you.

Tammy
 kiroja3
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 9:50:14 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja3 Object to Post

Studs for your consideration at Kiroja:

Ch Lirio Red Hot Rookie (51.5/15 - G1)
dark green in the top 3 Bu traits and blue SS!
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4792095

Kiroja On Top Of The World (61.5/11 - G0)
blues in the top 3 Bu traits plus feet, nice starter!
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4909340

Casanova Source Of Power (40.5/15 - G1)
no reds!
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4790392

Kamikaze Ringo (43.5/6 - G1)
no red, all green top row!
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4785463

Kiroja Breaking Ground (43.5/10 - G0)
decent coat, blue head/size/feet
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4909103

There are a couple other decent boys up, but these are my favs. happy :) All are $100, breed away!

Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 2:52:16 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

Oh, I have a question! When do we find out the results of the banner contest?
 Blue Bunny
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 3:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Bunny Object to Post

the winner of the Buhund Banner contest will be announced Friday evening..

any yes i am sorry to see a few of our great members leaving us, i can only hope you can return safely to us.

also, thank you everyone for being great breeders so far! i ahve used a few studs form different kennels, i am a bit slower abou tbreeding, so G2 will be a bit behind.. but hopefully well worth it. i keep breeding G0 dogs
keep up the good work everyone!

also, if you haven't heard. Savager dogs will be leaving SD. she woudl liek buhudn club members to buy her dogs for thier own programsa,dn not go to waste.

~Char
 rockymountain
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 8:17:39 PM reply with quote send message to rockymountain Object to Post

I havent read the whole post, but, The best Buhunds Ive got are girls, with 47 and 47.5 SOP.
(in my Baritone Kennel)
 Baritone
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 8:35:48 PM reply with quote send message to Baritone Object to Post

posted by Midnight Spark Kennels
Ok, so guys, which stats do we have to work on?
I just want to know, before I start FH my
Norgies!! Lol

Thanks!

Sparky xxhappy :)

I think(I read another breed had done this, If they dont think were copying) Everyone should pick a stat yo work on, but not just the two bad ones. That way, when we get Buhunds better, we can mix lines and get an all- Around good dog.

What do you think?
 Running Free Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/22/2007 7:23:44 AM reply with quote send message to Running Free Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think(I read another breed had done this, If they dont think were copying) Everyone should pick a stat yo work on, but not just the two bad ones. That way, when we get Buhunds better, we can mix lines and get an all- Around good dog.

What do you think?
I agree with this.Right now i am not focusing on any traits.Just getting out all the reds.

Courtney

Midnight Spark Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/22/2007 8:20:13 AM reply with quote send message to Midnight Spark Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

*****Another Shameless Advertisement*****LOL

BLAD I am good-SOP=61

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4908789

Up for stud for $100 if anyone is interested?

Sparky xxhappy :)

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.