Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

meadow sweet
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 12:36:44 AM reply with quote send message to meadow sweet Object to Post

I have Buhund puppies that I have had zero offers on. My starter bitch was not very good. What should I do with these 18day old puppies? I have started sessioning them to make them look a little better. Now I'm not sure what to do?
I feel a little like "a bad puppy mill"

feel free to tale a look at "Meadow sweet"
 Blessedborne
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 2:16:31 AM reply with quote send message to Blessedborne Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Meadow Sweet - Have you picked a couple to keep? Because those don't look bad at all for Gen 1s. Not superior perhaps, but definately not bad.

Norge - I wish you hadn't FHed that boy so fast. He might be low percentage wise, but ...

Has anyone noticed that ALL of the Admin studs have a high coat(as in over 10)? That 13 of the Admin studs have a 20 coat? Not trying to be an alarmist, just presentin' the facts.

Edited because I listed #6 as having a 20 coat. His coat is actually 12.
 Emerald Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 7:18:19 AM reply with quote send message to Emerald Meadows Object to Post

posted by Blessedborne

Norge - I wish you hadn't FHed that boy so fast. He might be low percentage wise, but ...

I agree I was just a little too late. I would have at least used him for stud once!

Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 7:35:34 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

Sorry about FHing the stud but he was for sale for 3 or 4 days. No one had used him. I had 18 adults and a -$800 balance. I need to do something. If someone is interested in anything I have I wish you would let me know. I had 6 studs at the time I FHd him and his stats were the lowest. I am thrilled with all of you that have used Munin. I have some great ones that will be available in a day or so.

Robbie
 Blessedborne
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 3:01:17 PM reply with quote send message to Blessedborne Object to Post

Norge,

I'd appreciate a note when your pups settle. Looks like you've got some nice potential. I think I'd buy one or two.

I understand about being in the hole. I'm good moneywise in this kennel, but my Talisborne kennel did not survive the salary drought well and I've been slipping a little most days since. Negative numbers are no fun.

Talis

Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 3:07:54 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

I lucked up and got a new starter boy with 10 coat. He's not quite old enough to breed yet, though.

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4911775
 showcavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2007 5:31:54 PM reply with quote send message to showcavaliers Object to Post

I have a 41% female and a 45% female for sale happy :) just 100, like were supposed to (but you can bid more if you like wink ;) *hint hint* lol)

45-(no reds)

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4870317

41-(one red)

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4870323

I also have other dogs, most in the high 30's, just to let you guys all know that they are for sale happy :)
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:50:21 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Has anyone noticed that ALL of the Admin studs have a high coat? That 13 of the Admin studs (including #6) have a 20 coat? Not trying to be an alarmist, just presentin' the facts.
Am I missing something here? #6 has a really nice 12 coat, not a 20 coat.
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=4760222

He's got some offspring with decent coats too.
 Blessedborne
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 1:49:29 AM reply with quote send message to Blessedborne Object to Post

posted by Wildsyde
Am I missing something here? #6 has a really nice 12 coat, not a 20 coat.
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=4760222

He's got some offspring with decent coats too.
You're right. I should know better than to post late at night. I misread my table (I have all the admin studs stats in Excel). Thank you for the correction and I'll edit my original post to reflect it.
 Midnight Spark Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:00:45 PM reply with quote send message to Midnight Spark Kennels Object to Post

Ok, so guys, which stats do we have to work on?
I just want to know, before I start FH my
Norgies!! Lol

Thanks!

Sparky xxhappy :)
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:05:46 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

From what I understand (could be wrong here), FQ seems to be weak in most dogs.
 Midnight Spark Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:09:46 PM reply with quote send message to Midnight Spark Kennels Object to Post

My best at the moment for FQ is a 14!! Lol!!
I have plenty with coat though!!

Here:

www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4873176

Thanks!!

Blessedborne
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:27:58 PM reply with quote send message to Blessedborne Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Personally, I've picked three traits the highest pointed of my source bitches, and the source bitches I've bought pups from, are strong in and will work towards those. I don't think it's a good idea for everyone to breed toward the same stat, especially if you are weak in that stat.

My point about Coat isn't that it's a weak stat, but that it's tending to high numbers. It would be easy for us to end up weeding out the low numbers and have no opposite numbers to breed against. I know that happened with another breed (feet in Wolfhounds, I think, I'll have to ask a friend) and at a certain point it became difficult to advance that stat. Coat is actually one of my best stats and I'm going to breed for it. But I'm going breed for some pups that have that stat under 10 because I see it as a potential weakness in the breed.

Talis
Breeding for Coat, Size and Temp

Midnight - I suggest putting your source bitches stats into a spreadsheet so they are easy to compare and pick your stats from what looks strongest to you.
 Midnight Spark Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:32:17 PM reply with quote send message to Midnight Spark Kennels Object to Post

Oh!! Ok! Thanks!! I will do that!!!

Thanks!!

Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 12:58:48 PM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

My upcomming studs are.........

Norge Hydre (Shepherd) 51.5/13 Gen 1
All green......kermit
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4848847

Ch. Norge Fenrir (Myth. Wolf) 48/15
Blue C, Sz & SS
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4787497

Norge Gull Crown (Gold Crown) 57/11
No red, blue H, TNB & Sz
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4911490

Tryst Luck of the Draw 53.5/11
10F, 10T blue H & S
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=4909091

Robbie
 Hunters Run
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2007 5:48:29 PM reply with quote send message to Hunters Run Object to Post

I have put one of my starter bitches and a gen1 dog up for sale. I don't want to run out of space here, and it looks like it is getting that way fast!

If anyone from this group wants one of them just offer $200 for the bitch or $100 for the dog and email me to let me know -- I will accept the discounted price.

-Joannie

Hunters Run Hounds

...maybe I need to change that to Hunters Run Hunds?
 Sin In Nature
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2007 9:29:46 PM reply with quote send message to Sin In Nature Object to Post

Ok, forever and a day late --

Yeah. Blessedborne is right to be concerned about the high numbers in coat in a few generations...

I'm over in Wolfhounds and I spent more than four hours trying to track down a dog, any dog, that had a 10 or higher in the feet. I had to go back about 8 or nine generations to find anything at all and finally just took a couple starter bitches (with 10 and 20 feet respectively, but it was the best i could do!) to try to bring up the number in feet. If you breed below 10 to below 10 all you get is below 10, you know?

so, yeah -- that note on the coats is nothing to freak out about, but definitely something to watch. I went thru my kennel when she mentioned it and ALL of my dogs were high in coat, which surprised me.
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 12:41:05 AM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

posted by Sin In Nature
ALL of my dogs were high in coat, which surprised me.
There's going to be trends of this trait high, that trait low, as the source dogs do have stats. Before the numbers were tweaked they were 5s and 15s. I can't remember what SS was tho I thought maybe 10.

Those 5 and 15s likely are shown to us as 0 and 20s now, tho the actual numbers are still 5s and 15s in the source dogs.

But since all the source dogs have those 5s and 15s (or 0 and 20s if you like that instead) in the same spots, everything sourcy is going to be bred on those icky numbers.
 Midnight Spark Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 5:10:12 AM reply with quote send message to Midnight Spark Kennels Object to Post

Yay!! Guess what? I just purchased a Bitch with
10 in FQ!!! Here she is!

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=4911486

Star*Gems
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2007 8:47:16 AM reply with quote send message to Star*Gems Object to Post

Voting on the Banner contest has begone happy :)

entries are here www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=129848

vote on one and only one and send your vote to Blue Bunny

Tammy

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.