Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Owning multiple kennels with same breed?
 Meadowly
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/7/2022 9:51:02 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post   

Apologies if this is kind of a newbie question (I've been on here for like 11 years and I'm still learning, lol).
I was wondering if it is common practice to own multiple kennels in which you work on the same breed... Or is this seen as kind of a "no-no?"

I have two separate lines of Salukis (show line and color line) and find myself constantly running out of space to accommodate both of my projects at the same time. If I dedicated another paid account to one of the projects, would it be possible to move that half of my kennel over there? Would my new account be able to use studs from this account if needed?
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/8/2022 8:45:41 AM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Running two kennels as a super kennel with the same breed is against the rules.
However since a color project is not shown and would not be working with the other kennel it would not be considered a “super kennel”.
I believe it’s not breaking the rules to have a separate color kennel and then a actual kennel.
However, using another kennel for just breeding, holding dogs or puppies that are not showing etc is still considered a super kennel. So just make sure you are truly operating the kennels separately and you do not have two show kennels of the same breed, and I think your still within the rules.
As for the stud question, if you studs are available for public use in the one kennel I don’t really see an issue with occasionally using one for your color lines. The issue would really arise if your giving the color kennel special treatment and only working with it with studs etc that could be considered collaboration. But if they are available to the public then I don’t really see an issue.

Here is the wording from part of the help page:
Do not operate multiple kennels as a cooperative. Overflow kennels (a kennel for putting dogs in when you have too many kennels), holding kennels (a kennel used to hold puppies, bitches, dogs, or retired dogs away from the main showing kennel), sessioning kennels (a kennel used to get extra sessions to session dogs for the main kennel), etc. are not allowed and are not included in Family subscriptions. Family subscriptions are for five SEPARATE AND INDEPENDENT kennels, not a cooperative of three or four kennels and not a super kennel with four usernames.

So as far as I can interpret, no super kennels or cooperating kennels or multiple show kennels of same breed. But one show kennel and one kennel that is a color project that operates independently would still be okay according to the rules.

-----
Last edited by ReginaKennels on 6/8/2022 8:49:36 AM

-----
Last edited by ReginaKennels on 6/8/2022 8:55:22 AM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/8/2022 9:13:15 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Meadowly,

All I can say is look through the game. You will find some breeds where the same person owns up to 6 kennels and are the only ones with the breed. No sales or stud services except between their kennels. And, the users have been in the game for years.

You should be ok.

Will
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/8/2022 9:26:53 AM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

Unfortunately barstar is correct.
But you can still do what you want without breaking any rules too so if your worried about it don’t be, just be mindful and you will be fine!
 Meadowly
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/8/2022 10:59:20 PM reply with quote send message to Meadowly Object to Post

Thank you so much for your help Regina, this really clears things up for me! I had no idea there was an actual rule against "super kennels" (in fact I had never even heard of a super kennel) but it makes sense.
My color line dogs are many generations from show quality so I have never entered them in a single show and probably won't for a while, so I guess from what you guys are saying I should be in the clear. I'm not seeking total breed domination like the people Will mentioned, I'm just trying to bring back lost colors and improve them lol.

What would be the actual logistics of moving dogs over to a separate account if I chose to do so? I'm assuming that I'd need to place dogs up for sale here and then purchase them with the other kennel, but isn't there a limit to transactions between accounts? ... unless there is a method to transfer dogs that I'm unaware of?

thanks again happy :)
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/9/2022 8:39:39 AM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes there is a limit. Five a week/ten a month. Don’t know how many sources you have but I’d honestly just pick your best 10 to start with can do your best five originally then move up to another 5 the following week.
And there’s also some sort of price percentage limit thing between two accounts that can be a bit persnickety. Some users have had an issue with it denying sales incorrectly due to some sort of glitch that seems to come with approval sales. But normally I think it’s supposed to be it cannot be more than 50% of your kennel transactions for the month (I am not 100% about the percentage amount I will need to check the help page).
Your also supposed to make sure your selling for “market price” - but since normal show quality dogs are pretty much 100$ now (back in the day things were more expensive but not really anymore) I think low SOP market is less. I know the auto sale is 100 but I put “offer 1$“ in the call names of my colors because I’m happy to sell the lower SOP dogs to people for less as they are not for showing just breeding color lines. So I really wouldn’t see an issue with you transferring them over for less than the 100$ as that’s still pretty normal market price I think for low SOP.
After you transfer just make sure to run them as two completely separate accounts and you should be good (once you get to show SOP in your colors you may have to transfer to avoid becoming a super kennel, but otherwise should be in the clear).
Good luck with your color breeding!

Edit to add link to help page about limits:
https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=81

-----
Last edited by ReginaKennels on 6/9/2022 8:57:00 AM
 TR Hounds
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/11/2022 6:46:08 AM reply with quote send message to TR Hounds Object to Post

I have two saluki kennels. The show quality in this one and a color project in Mahoning Kennels. I hope to eventually get show quality from Mahoning but that is going to be a while.
 Irish Freedom Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2022 5:27:02 PM reply with quote send message to Irish Freedom Kennels Object to Post

I am not a newbie, certainly. These kennels we currently have are new kennels, but I’ve been playing on and off for a long time, at least ten years.

I have, admittedly, had the same breeds in several kennels over the years. For example, I might have a kennel that’s half Chihuahuas and half Dobermans and have another with Anatolians, Wolfhounds and a single Chihuahua. If I do that though…each kennel is run as it’s own entity. I will, occasionally, use a stud I own, but only if it is up so everyone else can use it too and at a fair price for everyone. This way, I feel I’m being fair.

I have issues, big issues, with those folks who have six or seven kennels, all same breed, all studs on approval, or not up at all, and never anything for sale that is halfway quality. This is why I stopped playing the last time. I was in this breed, one of the Belgian breeds, and there was only one other breeder breeding show lines and they never sold dogs outside of their kennels and their studs were never for public use regardless of approval status. The game lost it’s appeal because there was no possible way I could get ahead and it was one disappointment after another.

Now, I have this kennel and my husband has a kennel and yes, we do like and play in, some of the same breeds, but we do our own things in those breeds…different goals and desires.

I think the phrase “the spirit of the law” is what applies here. Is the person intending to violate the rules? Are they intending to run a superkennel, or are they managing each kennel fairly and according to the game rules.

—Saoirse
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2022 9:10:54 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I was curious so I did a little research. This is what I found about a particular kennel name

One kennel with Afghan Hounds and Borzoi
Three kennels with Afghan Hounds only
Three kennels with Borzoi only
Four kennels with other breeds (one per kennel)

All the kennels have a lot of dogs and enter a lot of dogs. To me this is flagrant disregard for the rules.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2022 11:41:35 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I am of the same mind as Irish Freedom.

I do not think it matters how many kennels you have or what you have in it. What does matter is how you interact with your fellow players.

If you are dominant in a breed and freely share, it does not matter. If you are dominant in a breed, do not allow other players ready access to your studs, and never place any for sale, then I see that as a problem.
 Alchemy Ibizans
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2022 5:38:30 PM reply with quote send message to Alchemy Ibizans Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Check Ibizan hounds...that is the extreme example of a super kennel. They share time to time so it's not entirely bad. Just massive.

-----
Last edited by Alchemy Ibizans on 6/17/2022 5:47:42 PM
 Telluride
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2022 9:57:31 AM reply with quote send message to Telluride Object to Post

GOOD QUESTION KAREN
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2022 1:21:37 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

My biggest issue is when kennels enter massive numbers of dogs (30+) in a show and it drives up the point scale. I mean, once you have enough for 5 points, why put in more? I can only assume it's to get the #1 ranking of dogs beaten. I guess I'm just not that competitive. Doesn't really affect me it just seems like it would take a lot of the fun out of it.

JMO.
 Zareth Shahar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2022 7:48:55 PM reply with quote send message to Zareth Shahar Object to Post

posted by Telluride
GOOD QUESTION KAREN
This will go down in history as the dumbest first post of a kennel ever.

BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2022 3:39:53 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Superkennels don't bother me anymore. The game's activity level has dropped so much that any activity is a good thing.

As far as folks plopping a million entries into one show a night and majors increasing, there is a fix for that.

Enter a few other shows with one class entry. The smaller entry shows will help alleviate the mass single show entries' effect on the major calculations. It has to be a class entry not a ch entry to count though.

Will
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/20/2022 12:52:11 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Good suggestion.

Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2022 3:47:46 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

posted by Zareth Shahar
posted by Telluride
GOOD QUESTION KAREN

[/quote

Telluride is just one of my kennels.. I have 14 others which I pay lots of money for

a game.. which is made up of numbers calculated figured and then made real to me threw pictures naming ect. But heres the thing. And here is where it gets real when you start to learn about the breed you are into and the bloodlines pratical stratiges that you plan out to produce something that you can point to the ring and it will finnish its self. It takes you from the guttermost to the uttermost.

Yes their are rules. And they are there to keep this GAME fair, but if you are trying to do something if you have a plan and you are paying a arm and leg for that idea,vision,or dream what is it to you. You are judged. In the ring. And by a judge.. no need to be snooping around. To find something that someone id doing. Beleave me it's not what their doing but what your doing that keeps you out of the winners circle.

it's nothing to me if you have 15 kennels with borzois.. it wont hurt Me but it will make it harder to finnish a borzoi... but it's your game and someone can have 1000000. Borzoi and enter them in a ring but only one can win and that one might be mine or yours..

I put lots of time and effort into this game and i love to look at other peoples kennels i have learned so much from following other players game and i have reached out to some who have been great and some who have beel just nasty.. but beleave me i treat it as a chicken dinner, i eat the meat and throw out the bone.. What works for me..

In this game right now i have aquired lots of bloodstock to kick my own lines off. I have a stratagie with this and at the time they were all in the sale bins or abandon Kennels and I'm concerend for their colors or line and if a player comes back theirs still something their.

All my dogs are threw other peoples breeding and I might not use all of them but i have them to use..

Believe me it my look super to you but theirs nothing supper about it no supper kennel..

If i have a closed breeding line and never put up a dog for sale or for stud, this is not because im mean on the contreary its because the way i have bred your line, will not mesh well with another line.. and it could hurt you in the long run..

I dont sell pups yet because im not finnished with what im hoping for the future of what my prefix my Brand) will bring to the breed in the long run.

And I have learned this from one of the best kennel breeding player in this game called "rabbit rage". I studied her dreading till I found the formula. Do you do that.. no but I do..

SEE the question was, was it ethical if she/he bought another kennel to continue breeding one breed well let's redo her/his question like this is it OK if they paid for another kennel to continue with her dream or plan. If you need to tell on them, point them out, or even make dumb post to someone's dumb first post. I'm sorry,

Just leave people alone and do this.. if you can't beat them join them. Look to learn not to burn.. all in all

DO WHATS BEST FOR THE DOG. AND TAKE IT TO THE LIMITS, ONE MORE TIME..

if you still have some issues with how others are just playing and minding their own business.

Then explain to me how the practice of kennel sitting, finishing kennels(which have taught me much on showing) the banner makers, what else is their Oh the ones who want to produce a ch in every breed. All these came out of necessity and desire.

I personally want to keep great breeding stock from the breeds that I'm in.

so the Breed has to fall back on. Right now I have the only bullmastis along with 1 other in the whole game ONLY 30. how does this happen easy.

People quit.. its a game. But what this means is they went to 100 sop back down to only being source. Back to o.

Zareth Sahar~you have no CUFE(A person who eats all the food in the fridge, plays Minecraft, skips online classes, uses discord to talk sh!+, and is toxic as hell. It’s understandable if you’re in your 12s but 14+ and your a loser. I just bought some of your Argentines dogs and I'm gonna use them to nock u off the Block so see you in the RING and I'll thank u in advance for welcoming me to the breed,TeluRide will be the prefix I'm gonna show you how to play this game, zareth Sahar. So get ready I also will breed source to add fresh bloodline to the breed that you will never get your hands on.

Sorry but you brought my inner Beth Dutton out. So if your smart don't repost just let this one ride.

Because if you do I'm gonna call Rip..

How's this for a second post.. with all Respect

Who's BettyMar

Olivett
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2022 4:02:37 AM reply with quote send message to Olivett Object to Post

posted by Zareth Shahar
posted by Telluride
GOOD QUESTION KAREN

Telluride is just one of my kennels.. I have 14 others which I pay lots of money for

a game.. which is made up of numbers calculated figured and then made real to me threw pictures naming ect. But heres the thing. And here is where it gets real when you start to learn about the breed you are into and the bloodlines pratical stratiges that you plan out to produce something that you can point to the ring and it will finnish its self. It takes you from the guttermost to the uttermost.

Yes their are rules. And they are there to keep this GAME fair, but if you are trying to do something if you have a plan and you are paying a arm and leg for that idea,vision,or dream what is it to you. You are judged. In the ring. And by a judge.. no need to be snooping around. To find something that someone id doing. Beleave me it's not what their doing but what your doing that keeps you out of the winners circle.

it's nothing to me if you have 15 kennels with borzois.. it wont hurt Me but it will make it harder to finnish a borzoi... but it's your game and someone can have 1000000. Borzoi and enter them in a ring but only one can win and that one might be mine or yours..

I put lots of time and effort into this game and i love to look at other peoples kennels i have learned so much from following other players game and i have reached out to some who have been great and some who have been just nasty.. but beleave me i treat it as a chicken dinner, i eat the meat and throw out the bone..

What works for me..
In this game right now i have aquired lots of bloodstock to kick my own lines off. I have a stratagie with this and they were all in the sale bins or abandon Kennels weren't wanted ar used any more and I'm concerend for their colors or line

All my dogs are threw other peoples breeding and I might not use all of them but i have them to use.

Believe me it my look super to you but theirs nothing supper about it no supper kennel..

If i have a closed breeding line and never put up a dog for sale or for stud, this is not because im mean on the contreary its because the way i have bred your line, will not mesh well with another line.. and it could hurt you in the long run..

I dont sell pups yet because im not finnished with what im hoping for the future of what my prefix my Brand) will bring to the breed in the long run.
And I have learned this from one of the best kennel breeding player in this game called "rabbit rage". I studied her dreading till I found the formula. Do you do that.. no but I do..

SEE the question was, was it ethical if she/he bought another kennel to continue breeding one breed well let's redo her/his question like this is it OK if they paid for another kennel to continue with her dream or plan. If you need to tell on them, point them out, or even make dumb post to someone's dumb first post. I'm sorry,

Just leave people alone and do this.. if you can't beat them join them. Look to learn not to burn.. all in all

DO WHATS BEST FOR THE DOG. AND TAKE IT TO THE LIMITS,

if you still have some issues with how others are just playing and minding their own business.
Then explain to me how the practice of kennel sitting, finishing kennels(which have taught me much on showing) the banner makers, what else is their Oh the ones who want to produce a ch in every breed. All these came out of necessity and desire.

I personally want to keep great breeding stock from the breeds that I'm in.
so the Breed has to fall back on. Right now I have the only bullmastif along with 1 other in the whole game ONLY 30. how does this happen easy.
People quit.. its a game. But what this means is they went to 100 sop back down to only being source. Back to o.

Zareth Sahar~you have no CUFE(A person who eats all the food in the fridge, plays Minecraft, skips online classes, uses discord to talk sh!+, and is toxic as hell. It’s understandable if you’re in your 12s but 14+ and your a loser. I just bought some of your Argentines dogs and I'm gonna use them to nock u off the Block so see you in the RING and I'll thank u in advance for welcoming me to the breed,TeluRide will be the prefix I'm gonna show you how to play this game, zareth Sahar. So get ready I also will breed source to add fresh bloodline to the breed that you will never get your hands on.

Sorry but you brought my inner Beth Dutton out. So if your smart don't repost just let this one ride.

Because if you do I'm gonna call Rip..

How's this for a second post.. with all Respect.
«Who's BettyMar»

Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2022 7:57:55 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Olivett,
There are plenty of appropriate ways you could have responded to a mention that you are a super kennel. You instead chose to name call and threaten another kennel? Which is confusing and worrisome. What you describe is a super kennel. So I really do not think it’s fair to get mad at anyone who points that out. It is against the rules, and if you are breaking a rule you open yourself up to reprimand in that aspect. If you choose to ignore it that is on you, and as some other kennels have mentioned the people who care if a super kennel is run or not varies. But please try to remain respectful. Name calling and “going after” another kennel is not what this game is about in the least. Honestly, Dogo Argentines would probably be happy to have someone join the breed! But doing so with the sole attempt to bully another kennels not okay. Do it to have the best Dogo Artentinos you can and to have fun.
Really hope you take a step back and re-evaluate how you responded. I enjoy showing with the borzois you have in the ring, and it saddens me that someone who I enjoy showing against would post something trying to bully another kennel.
Apologize that I could not let this post “ride” as you requested, as I do really think that it needed to be addressed for the agression it held.
We all have bad days and that can make it easy to snap and lash out at people in person and online, but just remember there are real people on the other end.
Still wish you the best!
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2022 8:00:23 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

posted by
Olivett,
There are plenty of appropriate ways you could have responded to a mention that you are a super kennel. You instead chose to name call and threaten another kennel? Which is confusing and worrisome. What you describe is a super kennel. So I really do not think it’s fair to get mad at anyone who points that out. It is against the rules, and if you are breaking a rule you open yourself up to reprimand in that aspect. If you choose to ignore it that is on you, and as some other kennels have mentioned the people who care if a super kennel is run or not varies. But please try to remain respectful. Name calling and “going after” another kennel is not what this game is about in the least. Honestly, Dogo Argentines would probably be happy to have someone join the breed! But doing so with the sole attempt to bully another kennels not okay. Do it to have the best Dogo Artentinos you can and to have fun.
Really hope you take a step back and re-evaluate how you responded. I enjoy showing with the borzois you have in the ring, and it saddens me that someone who I enjoy showing against would post something trying to bully another kennel.
Apologize that I could not let this post “ride” as you requested, as I do really think that it needed to be addressed for the agression it held.
We all have bad days and that can make it easy to snap and lash out at people in person and online, but just remember there are real people on the other end.
Still wish you the best!

Whoops it took me a minute to write this and it time logged me out and posted as a blank basic but this was posted from CzarinaKennels!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2022 8:00:51 AM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Well, I just logged in to play and that's probably one of the more unhinged things I've read in a long time. Seek help if you feel the need to call people losers and threaten people on a dog showing simulation game.

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class