Search

.com Forum · Bearded Collie

Replies in this thread : 108
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2015 7:20:20 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

New Beardie Stud - Buddy

AH Dark Side Of The Moon 91.35 (19.9 SS)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13672505

He's a big boy with tiny feet, but paired with the right girls, I feel he will make beautiful pups.

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2015 10:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

We did it! Bearded Collies are now #48 on the breed list!
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 1:50:10 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I am getting a lot of inquires into players becoming Beardie breeders. This is GREAT!

But we need to have puppies available for sale to get them started. Please consider holding on to the 2nd and 3rd best and placing them up for sale rather than FH'ing them. Also consider placing bitches you are no longer going to use for breeding up for sale as well.

That way we have something to offer new players to the breed.

I have 5 litters due in the next 4 days and hope to place many of them up for sale.
 Double Diamond Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 7:07:53 PM reply with quote send message to Double Diamond Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So excited to get started in BEARDIES! A wonderfully friendly group of breeders!

-----
Last edited by Double Diamond Kennel on 1/24/2015 7:08:12 PM
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2015 8:09:40 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

AWESOME! Love to have new breeders! I still have two pups up for sale. I don't plan on breeding anyone at the moment, though, so I'm afraid I won't have much available.

Looking forward to growing our breed! happy :)
Taylor
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2015 8:42:51 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Another 92.00 bitch pup! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13747515

(but she still isn't as high as her mother because her mom only has 19.3 SS so would adjust SOP to 92.35)
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/26/2015 8:31:18 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Wow, that's awesome AH!

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 6:36:08 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I just put up 3 girls that would make good broods. 2 of them have 91 and 91.25 SOP if you adjust to for 19 and 19.1 in SS.

If you want one of them feel free to offer like $25 and she is yours. I will keep them up for a few days to see if there is any interest before I FH them.

Also still have a nice finishable male pup at 91.20 for sale.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2015 10:04:23 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Lots of great pups for sale... be sure and check them out! I am accepting $25 offers on mine!

www.showdog.com/dogsforsale/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Bearded+Collie

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 1/29/2015 10:05:03 AM
 HSKennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2015 7:28:25 PM reply with quote send message to HSKennel Object to Post

Got kids up also make offer.
 Chiens D*Extérieur
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2015 6:48:36 PM reply with quote send message to Chiens D*Extérieur Object to Post

Hi! I was approached by Almost before I made my family account and I'm looking to get into the breed! I've bought two dogs so far and hope to get into the breed even more but wanted to introduce myself first happy :)
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2015 7:40:04 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Welcome! I was just coming over to welcome you to Beardies and there you were. LOL

I have update the first post. We are growing so fast! I love it!
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2015 8:19:58 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

Love seeing the breed grow! Welcome happy :)
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2015 11:43:56 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Very happy to say that NightWatchKennels is no longer MIA and is actively showing again!
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2015 12:22:49 AM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

What is the current highest SOP? My first litter is a flop, but I am still hopeful! This really is a fun breed happy :)

Em
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2015 11:29:58 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

The current breed highest SOP (as far as I know) is 92.00. I own 2 girls with 92.00, mother and daughter.

But, last months winner at Beardie Nationals is only 91.00 and my boy who has 8 straight BIB is 91.35.

Capri Kennels' little girl has been rocking the ring and she is only 91.35 as well. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13714480

And look at Misty, she just got her CH and is getting GC pts at only 91.05!

So I don't think SOP is as important as where those points are spread out among the traits. The class dogs I am showing range from 91.15 - 91.25.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/2/2015 1:18:26 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

That is true. In my other breeds, I mainly breed for traits but also happen to have the highest SOPs because of that lol. So, I need to get in the habit of only focusing on traits! In my next litter, would it be correct to estimate that a finishable SOP now is 91.15 and up?

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2015 2:07:55 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I would say 91.10 and up depending on their stats. If it wasn't for "The Chance Effect." lol

We have a large group of puppies coming up with Chance (Weslea Last Hurrah) as the sire. Because he was the highest stud when I had Westlea reclaim him from an abandoned kennel, he was used A LOT! (I am seriously considering taking him off stud.)

So we ended up with lot of Beardies with higher SOPs but not necessarily better Beardies, if you know what I mean. I counted over 2 dozen of his offspring still in the game (not FH'd) with a 10 day old bitch at 91.75! (she has a 9.2 head and 9.6 gait so she is probably going to CH in like 3 shows lol) I fully expect Chance to be a Bronze sire at least.

But having said that, I think the better Beardies will be born in the next generation, when Chance's pups are bred to other lines to improve what is important in Bearded Collie's.

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 2/2/2015 2:08:41 PM

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 2/2/2015 2:11:56 PM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2015 10:54:40 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

There is a potential new breeder looking for brood bitches in this thread www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=385608&recordnum=0 just wanted to bring it over here so everyone could see it.

Their request is the next to the last post.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2015 12:25:03 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Amorosa, I have a little trick I use to see what is current SOP for showing. This works with any breed, but works better the more dogs there are in the breed.

I look at the dogs for sale and see what is the highest dog for sale, because established breeders are going to sell off their second or third best dog. They may keep a bitch that is lower for breeding but not usually a dog.

Then I look at stud dogs for the breed. I see who the highest stud of showing age is.

These two numbers usually give me a pretty good range of what is showing in the ring, from the lowest number breeders are keeping to show to the top number of what is in the show ring.

Edit to say when I say dog, I am referring to the males, not dogs in general lol.

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 2/3/2015 12:28:27 AM

Replies in this thread : 108
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.