Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2015 3:29:05 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

Finished a cdx in my basic kennel today
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/14/2015 4:17:24 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Well done on your CDX KB - post a link on here to the dogs page and give us a name check for it.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2015 7:15:53 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am not certain how you are interpreting the points she is scoring. I may be reading your post incorrectly, so forgive if I am wrong. You may already know what I am posting below, but there may be some others playing the game who don't trial obedience dogs in real life.

The points listed are not points scored but are actually points your dog has lost during the particular exercise being judged.
In obedience trials you actually start with a score of 200 and lose points as you go along.
In Australia, I am not sure about the USA and England, the lowest passing score for the bulk of the classes is 170 points, if your deduction is higher than 30 points (including stay exercises), it is a fail.
And also if you loose too many points in one exercise (over half), it is a fail even if you have 170 points or more.

I am not sure how it works elsewhere in the world, and I am not sure how closely the game is following the real world.

This would be why you passed with a score of 174, but failed with scores under 170.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/14/2015 7:18:13 PM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2015 7:19:14 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

King Blazzo -- congrats on your CDX happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/14/2015 8:54:49 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

No one seems to know how the obedience score system works on SD, there simply isn't the info on any of the help pages and I assume that (as you say) any score under 170 doesn't gain qualifying points (even though SD says it is a Qualifying score) so your dog may be in the qualified list of entries but doesn't necessarily 'qualify' in the sense of getting a 'pointed' placing.
My beef is that it doesn't seem to matter how much your dog is trained for a particular exercise (NOW) it doesn't follow that if it places with points one day it will place with points on consequencial (sp.) days/trials, AND that up to about 2 months ago you could guarantee that once your dog was 'pointed' once it would 'point' the following day, and the one after that, and thus gain a title.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/14/2015 9:35:27 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

here he is
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13792962

ya i really have no idea how the scoring works i just session my dogs and enter em and wait for the email that says they finished
 CS bauhinia
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2015 6:01:59 AM reply with quote send message to CS bauhinia Object to Post

Hi all! Just entered my first dog in obedience since I returned...I had put obed titles on some of my malamutes when i played long long ago. Just curious, since it doesn't look like the show ran yet-is the only way to get results on the dogs show results page obedience tab? Also, does it automatically enter you in the correct class? Thanks-I hope to have some fun with it!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2015 6:56:06 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Hi, great to have another obedience competitor on here. Your dog is automatically entered in the correct class which is firstly Novice A. As soon as you get a dog win out of Novice A other dogs will be entered in B classes (confusing I know, took me a while to grasp it. Only way atm (other link won't work boo hoo)to get ob results is off dogs results page then click on obedience results at top, then click on class which will show you your dogs (and all other competitors) scores and you'll be able to see who has qualified and who hasn't in all the 6 classes.

NB: Obedience shows are FREE to enter so fill your boots!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2015 6:57:25 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Oh forgot to say Obedience shows run later than conformation shows so results come in later.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/15/2015 1:47:45 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Results from todays Obedience Show

Novice 'A' 11 entries - No Qualifiers
Novice 'B' 8 entries - 3 Qualifiers
Open 'A' 2 entries - 1 Qualifier
Open 'B' 10 entries - 2 Qualifiers
Utility 'A' 8 entries - No Qualifiers
Utility 'B' 5 entries - 2 Qualifiers

Unfortunately it's very difficult to work out if the dogs that have qualified have actually 'pointed' and unless it's a pointed win/placing it doesn't count towards a title.

Well done to anyone who qualified today. Good luck for tomorrow.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 1:46:11 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Novice 'A' 14 entries - 2 Qualifiers
Novice 'B' 8 entries - 4 Qualifiers
Open 'A' 2 entries - 2 Qualifiers
Open 'B' 11 entries - 3 Qualifiers
Utility 'A' 7 entries - No Qualifiers

mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 1:51:13 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by OTT Mournebrake
I have a Bloodhound bitch who I'm tearing my hair out trying to qualify CDX.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13649515

Yesterday she finally got a placing with a 174 (9pts win).
Her winning figures were:
DR 5.5 ROF 5 RHJ 6 BRJ 5.5 8+HF 4

So today I thought as she's winning through I'll start sessioning bottom line, bearing in mind her figures are:

DR 19 ROF 19 RHJ 19 BRJ 19 and Fig8 19 HF 19

After a few disappointing scores the last few days she 'pointed' today (10 points), so I'm hoping she'll gain her CDX tomorrow.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2015 4:59:01 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

We are hot....Hot.....HOT!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2015 4:59:54 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Fingers crossed for my bitch to gain CDX today.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2015 6:34:05 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Still sessioning dogs for obedience, hope to have a Novice dog ready next week
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2015 1:11:32 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

bloodhound 95.00-95.10 born yesterday. will sell cheap to anyone looking to get obedience titles on em
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2015 3:21:24 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

got a rott pup that i sessioned enough for a cd just waitin for her to get a little older before i put her in some shows. i don't think ill go for the cdx because i am probably going to end up breeding her.
 OTT Mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2015 4:24:55 PM reply with quote send message to OTT Mournebrake Object to Post

My Bloodhound bitch finished CDX today (Yippee!!)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13649515

Her scores:

174.0 (9 pts)
171.0 (10 pts)
170.0 (8 pts)

On to UD next!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2015 4:29:49 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Novice 'A' 11 entries - 2 Qualifiers
Novice 'B' 9 entries - 3 Qualifiers
Open 'A' 3 entries - 2 Qualifiers
Open 'B' 10 entries - 3 Qualifiers
Utility 'A' 9 entries - 1 Qualifier

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2015 3:40:16 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

@mournebrake --- Congrats on your CDX happy :)

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/18/2015 3:40:34 AM

Replies in this thread : 145
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.