.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Puppy Gods
 Temora
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/18/2016 5:45:45 PM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post   

Sigh - the puppy gods are against me.

I have 2 family accounts, and have just gone through litters from 10 kennels (some multiple litters). I have kept 1 puppy for breeding (main colour), put up others for sale and FHed a whole heap. Not even 1 show quality pup from all of that! Not even a few breedable ones for my colour projects.

Very large sigh.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2016 6:12:25 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Yeah, they must have been unhappy today. I had a litter drop this afternoon. Soooo bad.

Will
 HotSauce
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2016 7:05:50 PM reply with quote send message to HotSauce Object to Post

I must have made the proper offering of FH'g three entire litters because I got my highest SOP yet and it's a boy. Hope your luck turns around!
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2016 7:27:54 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

In the last 7-10 days I've had a crap load of litters drop from across 15 kennels ... and 90% of them have been AWFUL! sad :(
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2016 12:41:23 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

In 3 different kennels, total of 8 litters, kept 2 and then it was pushing it. Very discouraging...
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2016 1:36:10 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Same here - over the last week or so, five kennels, a lot of litters, and I have kept just 2 for showing, and they were just good.

And worse, the show puppy runs in three of my kennels will be empty by tomorrow (meaning no show quality pups for a fortnight in those kennels). Praying to the puppy gods for a turn around over the next three days!!!

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 10/19/2016 1:39:45 AM
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2016 2:56:49 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

The puppy gods are being kind to me.. Got a the highest SOP Afghan Hound and Mini Schnauzer I've gotten so far. Guess that means I'm in for a run of unlucky pups now. Plus my EMD's have clocked in at a higher SOP than I've been getting.
 PointyHead
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2016 7:02:53 AM reply with quote send message to PointyHead Object to Post

Just FHed 3 litters - 1 with 10 puppies, the rest with at least 6. All from 1 kennel. Npt one puppy to keep. Not even to put up for sale.

I don't think I'm ready to look at the other kennels just yet.
 Lisboa
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2016 7:05:19 AM reply with quote send message to Lisboa Object to Post

Ditto - except 1 saleable out of 3 litters.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2016 8:02:46 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

They seem to have been smiling on every breed I have except Afghans. Finally hit 95s in my short-haired Dachshunds, got some pretty decent pups in long-haired Doxies, advancing the SOP among the general population of my PBGVs, lovely colors in my German Spitz color breeding program, and advancing my Weimaraner source project, but Afghans were really mediocre. I've had really bad stretches in the past so I'm always grateful when I have good to amazing litters.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.