Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Do you sell your dogs/puppies?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/18/2019 8:44:08 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post   

Just curious what other members that breed prefer to do. I guess I'm focusing on breeding and don't want to waste space and time on selling dogs I don't want. What do other players prefer to do?
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2019 10:00:40 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

In my 5 kennels I list puppies that are acceptable SOP until they are 14 days old and count in the overall number of dogs. If they are not sold by then, I FH them.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2019 10:09:56 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I FH all puppies that aren't useful to me because there are no active people in the breed. I'd be happy to sell pups if someone contacted me though, I have litters every week and would save some if I knew someone was interested.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2019 7:01:33 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

What DoggyPanache said.
I FH pups that are not worth keeping/selling at all and put up for sale those close to my own SOPs for 14 days.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2019 9:14:27 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

Depending on sop, I will sell only til 14 days old then make a choice either good for breeding to a dog that is younger or a filler dog for pts. if neither i FH them, my breed has small numbers so I may keep just to have filler dogs
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/19/2019 11:41:47 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I will FH immediately any really off pups, especially males. If there are a lot on the sales listings, I'm more critical. I want to be sure that anyone new can find something better than making more disappointing source dogs before they get things sorted out.

If I'm short on space (usually) I will FH them as they hit 14 days.

I "Quick List" for $100 any that I won't need.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/19/2019 1:49:43 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Agree, I check the dogs for sale in my breeds and depending on how many there are, I either FH or keep them up for sale until age 14.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2019 2:54:50 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Thanks! That is some pretty good advice. I was just really curious what the etiquette was and what people just did in general.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2019 3:43:02 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I FH any puppies that I deem to be lesser quality and place any others for sale until 14 days, they don't take up room until then and money isn't much concern anymore when it comes to feeding them. So I have no issues placing dogs for sale for other people should they be looking.
 Boulevard Of Beauty
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2019 10:46:31 AM reply with quote send message to Boulevard Of Beauty Object to Post

I don't tend to put dogs up for sale, but if someone contacts me I always try to help out with pups.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.