.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : SD Money 'Loyalty' Bonus
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/15/2014 7:26:16 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post   

The question was posed whether we should implement some sort of 'loyalty' bonus.
Perhaps on a rising scale per number of days a user logs in cumulatively.
For example only:
1 day log in: $5 bonus
2 days: $10
3 days: $15
4 days: $20
5 days: $25
6 days: $35
7+ days: $50

There are some users (especially those of us in smaller breeds) who regularly use all sessions (and then some) to be able to have enough dogs to build points and majors. This type of bonus would help to make kennels more affordable to all users, and hopefully encourage other users to log in on a daily basis thus increasing play.

Please comment with any ideas and/or suggestions!!
SD Money 'Loyalty' Bonus
Implement some other type of bonus 3.40%
Do not add in any 'loyalty' bonuses 4.37%
Implement daily log in 'loyalty' bonus 92.23%
177 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 7:33:45 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Thank you Astoria. You did a great job on this poll.

And thank you Jeff for suggesting that we put this up as a poll.

My only concern as that it is in the ALPHA forum, there for invisible to basic accounts, will that matter for how many votes we need to receive?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 8:22:49 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I think this is a great idea!
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 8:39:18 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

I love this and I could use this to help sponsor more shows and add payouts!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/15/2014 8:57:33 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Love this idea, I agree with Tristar, it would make it possible for me to sponsor more shows happy :).

I think that the game does need a little more cash circulating, this may get more dogs sessioned and showing. And that can only help the game.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 12/15/2014 8:59:31 PM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 9:00:52 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I also think it might keep a few more basics around long enough to decide to become standard.

And maybe revive some of the rarer breeds with more people sticking with them instead of going to the popular breeds "where the money is".

As you can see I think this could be a win=win=win for everyone.
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 9:44:14 PM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

posted by Almost Heaven
My only concern as that it is in the ALPHA forum, there for invisible to basic accounts, will that matter for how many votes we need to receive?
This is probably something that should be for just the standard accounts anyway.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2014 9:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I don't agree... if we want the basics to get involved with the game and WANT to become standard, then the daily loyalty bonus would help. They are already very limited in what they can and can't do in the game.
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 3:52:54 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

Thank you Astoria Kennel for turning my original post into a poll happy :) however to help aid in sponsoring shows as tri-star stated, the amount may have to be pushed up a bit. But the end amount is entirely up to Jeff really.
Loving everyone's feedback

Lindsey
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/16/2014 5:30:34 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I am totally game for this! I can only see great things coming as a result that this be implemented.

One of the biggest complaints from the user base that I have seen, is finances. And one can argue that someone should better manage their funds but when the economy (showdog and real life) is down this much, we sure need a helping hand in staying afloat. Even if that extra money should go back into the game as a result of sponsored shows. I think this is exactly the solution showdog could use right now.

Kudos to the thought originator!

-Four
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 5:57:21 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

As far as being in the alpha forum- I know Jeff takes more weight from votes and opinions of those with premium accounts- it seemed simpler to me this way to add here and get their ideas first, it can always be opened as another poll to basics. For the dollar amount, I have no idea what is a good starting base- I said for example only in the post for that reason. I think once it's approved that would be the next task to decide how much. However, $50 a day would be an extra $350 a week. That's a whole lot more than where I'm at right now! I think $100 a day ($700 a week) might be too much.
I think the idea is fabulous and I completely support it!
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 6:40:44 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I love this idea! I don't believe it can do harm to the SD population. It would most likely help the daily login count and help us all out in the $$ department, allowing us to show more, breed more, and sponsor more shows. Great idea!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/16/2014 8:44:10 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

I think this will help me focus on the breed I want to be in instead of spreading me out over more breeds to fund the breed I actually enjoy.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 9:52:58 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

While the final amounts are up to Jeff, I actually think that Astoria has it pretty much where it should be. If you log in daily for 7 days, you would receive $145 in bonus. IF you logged in for 30 days straight the total would be $1.295.

Not everyone is going to make it everyday but even logging in for a few days in a row will earn a nice bonus.

PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 2:28:04 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I can see merit in the idea but but as long as there was a cap on it to a max amount, so say if $50 was the max amount once you log in enough to reach that amount you will keep getting that amount when u log in the next day rather than the amount keep going up and up and up. Other wise it would just be too tempting to forget strategy once you have built up to a good amount.
But if it is capped to a max amount that isn't high the extra cash will be a help to some who need it but they wouldn't be able to forget about money management.
so I would encourage more people to long in more often without effecting the aim of the game.

I forget to log in all the time so wont be much use to me lol.

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 12/16/2014 2:30:12 PM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 2:42:34 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

yes, it would need to have a cap. In the example you would reach the $50 cap on day #7 and would receive $50 a day after that as long as you logged in daily. If you missed a day (or more), it would start over the next time you logged in.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 4:08:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I have to say I'm a bit shocked by how little debate this has got going- 90 votes and no dissent/discussion?

I'm not against on principal, but I want to see this seriously discussed first. How, for instance does this affect salary? What other aspects of the game might be effected? What size cap do we want? What sort of scheme? I just don't think putting it straight to a vote without serious discussion/debate is a good idea.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
12/16/2014 4:10:35 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Salary would be a thing of the past.

The current economic system would basically cease to exist because this would be a very dramatic change.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 4:22:03 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

In that case, I'm definitely against. you can make REALLY good money on salary sometimes- definitely above and beyond this $50 cap.

Last night, I made $76.78 in salary. And it is still going up- we generally get a nice run at over $100 for a bit before it will start to go back down.

And anyone can pick up $60 selling sessions, which is also above the $50.

This would mean that there would always be a maximum cap on how much you can earn. we already have a floor on daily earnings- I don't think we need a cap as well!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2014 4:23:36 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Salary is pretty much useless right now anyway. Its such a pittance that I dont think Ive been on salary since right after coming back this time.
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/16/2014 5:07:49 PM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

When I first returned to the game I played around with the salary settings to see how I could make the most money. After a couple of weeks I elected to stay on 12x sessions because I made more money through that than through salary.

In the whole time I've played the game (back when there were more players) and more recently salary has never been helpful to me. I like the idea of a fixed amount, as suggested, so that you know how much you are going to earn.

Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.