Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : wow...
 Quick Like a Fox
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/30/2016 6:34:39 PM reply with quote send message to Quick Like a Fox Object to Post   

Major in beagles just went up to 7 bitches from 4....ouch!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2016 6:49:49 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

That's what happens when people enter 10 and 15 dogs every day.

I see this in a number of my breeds and I just don't understand it.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2016 7:41:22 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Mini schauz did that too. 6 bitches needed for a 3 point major. Looks like I'll be waiting until the end of month show to get any points.
So I know your pain there.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2016 2:55:45 AM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

There is no point in entering 5-8-10 dogs at once, the points only go up to 5! It just totally messes up the point scale. Then the person entering all the dogs leaves and the true show dogs are left with impossible majors.
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2016 3:32:14 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Try to get a major in Kerry Blue Terriers. It is a huge issue in m breed
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
12/1/2016 3:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I honestly don't understand why people stack shows so heavily in most cases.

Like others have said - it just messes up the number of dogs/bitches required for a Major.

(Obviously I completely understand small-scale stacking that is required in rare/super quiet breeds).

The only time large-scale stacking works well is at the monthly Nationals - as it dramatically increases the BOB payout :P
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/1/2016 9:41:35 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hate to say this but I wonder if it's a side effect of the extra sessions we've been getting coupled with the login bonus.

Folks have lots of money so they are just using up the sessions themselves then entering everone. Maybe also a touch of lack of competition - everyone is filling their own shows.

Just saying . . .
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2016 12:51:54 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by DoggyPanache on 12/2/2016 12:53:03 AM
 Quick Like a Fox
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2017 10:15:34 AM reply with quote send message to Quick Like a Fox Object to Post

So I didn't show any beagles for Dec. Waiting for majors to come down to a more reasonable number. Last month needed 7 bitches for a major...now up to 10!!
Guess I will be looking for another breed.....
 Cherokee Hills
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2017 11:42:31 AM reply with quote send message to Cherokee Hills Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I don't mean to be a spoil sport but you can't have your cake and eat it to as they say.

The influx of money into the game is going to encourage people to show more and more dogs.

I for one have set myself the goal to Grand Champion every dog I keep and to earn as many Sire/Dam merits as I can with all the extra money we've graciously been handed. Across five kennels I am easily showing 50 to 50 dogs a night.

Years ago when the game was at its most popular the numbers required for majors were high then as well. It adjusts as the game has highs and lows.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. It wasn't that long ago that people were broke and breeds were struggling (yes some are still struggling but you get my point).

As for leaving breeds, that's just silly, take it as a challenge and breed better dogs.

Sponsor specialty shows, they are handler free and everyone has an equal chance at points, so the number entered doesn't matter. It's not like there isn't enough money flying around the game at the moment for people to do this.

Instead of complaining help support your breed and be glad there is competition. In 6 months we could be back to our former economy and listening to people complain about not enough money and a lack competition.

This is why Jeff gets aggravated, no matter what he does people are never happy.

Quick Like A Fox, I am going to sponsor 10 Beagle Specialties for this month. You have just a good a chance at points as any one else does if your dogs are of good quality. So enter them and have fun!

-----
Last edited by Cherokee Hills on 1/1/2017 11:42:56 AM
 Cherokee Hills
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2017 11:46:21 AM reply with quote send message to Cherokee Hills Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've added 10 Beagle Specialties and I will extend my offer to any breed if anyone is interested.

-----
Last edited by Cherokee Hills on 1/1/2017 11:46:34 AM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2017 8:14:09 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Well said! The game is better now than it's been in years - enjoy the challenge and competition!

posted by Cherokee Hills
I don't mean to be a spoil sport but you can't have your cake and eat it to as they say.

The influx of money into the game is going to encourage people to show more and more dogs.

I for one have set myself the goal to Grand Champion every dog I keep and to earn as many Sire/Dam merits as I can with all the extra money we've graciously been handed. Across five kennels I am easily showing 50 to 50 dogs a night.

Years ago when the game was at its most popular the numbers required for majors were high then as well. It adjusts as the game has highs and lows.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. It wasn't that long ago that people were broke and breeds were struggling (yes some are still struggling but you get my point).

As for leaving breeds, that's just silly, take it as a challenge and breed better dogs.

Sponsor specialty shows, they are handler free and everyone has an equal chance at points, so the number entered doesn't matter. It's not like there isn't enough money flying around the game at the moment for people to do this.

Instead of complaining help support your breed and be glad there is competition. In 6 months we could be back to our former economy and listening to people complain about not enough money and a lack competition.

This is why Jeff gets aggravated, no matter what he does people are never happy.

Quick Like A Fox, I am going to sponsor 10 Beagle Specialties for this month. You have just a good a chance at points as any one else does if your dogs are of good quality. So enter them and have fun!

-----
Last edited by Cherokee Hills on 1/1/2017 11:42:56 AM

Quick Like a Fox
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2017 6:09:36 PM reply with quote send message to Quick Like a Fox Object to Post

Thanks for the specialties, appreciated.
I don't have a problem with competition....I do have a problem with unreasonable numbers for majors in a breed that is not that popular.
I suspect even the specialties will be hard pressed to get a 10 bitch major...unless the dog goes best of breed.

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.