Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Kennel help
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/10/2021 10:58:29 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

Alright so I went ahead and signed up for a family subscription. I’ve got 3 of the 5 kennels essentially handled with the breeds I’ll work with in them. However, I need help utilizing the other 2. I’m looking for breeds. Preferably breeds with a significant ways to go before hitting the 99SOP bracket but not exactly opposed to taking on one of them. I’ve inquired about a few different breeds via messages to kennels and I find that lots of people in different breeds just aren’t too savvy to help anyone get established. Suggestions much appreciated!

My current breeds;
Beaucerons
Weimeraners
Briards
South African Boerboel
Dooo Argentino (sparingly)
Mastiff (hard work reviving them)
Chihuahua (very sparingly)

Thanks,
Four
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 12:58:59 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Boston Terriers!

Most of them are real-life illegal colours and the SOP are mostly under 90. There is one abandoned 790+ day old correctly coloured stud (SOP 95.85). Lots of scope in both colour and SOP to work on.

Two breeders besides myself (Canmore). Generally highly cooperative. I'll get you started.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 1:18:07 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Aren't they just black and white?
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 3:02:59 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Alright! If you could send some links and/or info to Fourwarn, I would be so thankful!

And no, Bostons also come in a red and white if I’m not mistaken.
 Sweet Frog Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 6:02:11 PM reply with quote send message to Sweet Frog Kennel Object to Post

Brussels Griffon are my favs, I try to keep some available and studs to use
 Cloud 9 K9s
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2021 6:19:47 PM reply with quote send message to Cloud 9 K9s Object to Post

There are lots of Giant Schnauzers available and I could help with a couple Miniature Schnauzers if you like

Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2021 9:36:23 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Bostons have 3 "legal" colours. The other colours may actually exist but how they came about may be speculated about.

The ShowDog puppy generator appears to have a colour bias. Whether it was built in on purpose for some reason or accidentally there is a tendency in certain breeds for unrecognized or certain colours to dominate because dogs of these colours tend to have better SOPs.

About the Boston Terrier - frnm AKC page
Boston Terriers are compact, short-tailed, well-balanced little dogs weighing no more than 25 pounds. The stylish “tuxedo” coat can be white and either black, brindle, or seal (black with a red cast when viewed in sun or bright light).

Colour - from Canadian Kennel Club
Bostons come in three distinctive colors - Black with white markings, Brindle with white markings and Seal with white markings.

A seal colored Boston Terrier looks dark almost black but in direct sunlight their coat will have a red cast. A seal colored Boston Terrier is not a red, brown, liver, or chocolate colored dog.Aug. 9, 2020

Most references to the "Red" Boston shows the a liver or chocolate coloured dog. The colour may exist in the breed and may even have always existed but it is not an accepted colour for conformation and should not be encouraged.
 Canmore Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 9:41:23 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore Kennels Object to Post

The preceding "essay" was mine - lol.

Fourlorn,
Write to me. I am overstocked and need to clear out a lot of stock - about 40 dogs need to go to get back under limit so I can breed and show again.
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 10:58:25 PM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

If your are interested in Mudis let me know! We are in the low 97s and I would happily help get you started.
I also have kennels with Skye Terrier’s (95), Scottish Terrier’s (low 98), smooth Fox Terrier’s (mid 98) and welshies (low 98) if your interested in either of them.
Jack Russell’s are relatively high at 99s but it’s getting really competitive so its a nice challenge. Just shoot me a message would be happy to help. Good luck!
 Fourbidden
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/10/2021 11:37:29 PM reply with quote send message to Fourbidden Object to Post

I was looking at Mudis and would be down to give them a go! happy :)
 Maverick Gun Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2021 4:16:25 PM reply with quote send message to Maverick Gun Dogs Object to Post

Vizslas! Pretty please! LOL
We need more breeders/showers desperately. They haven't hit 99 yet.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/11/2021 11:10:15 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Canmore, thank you! I should have known about the brindle, I have a friend who breeds show Bostons.
 Fourbidden
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/11/2021 11:21:40 PM reply with quote send message to Fourbidden Object to Post

posted by Maverick Gun Dogs
Vizslas! Pretty please! LOL
We need more breeders/showers desperately. They haven't hit 99 yet.

Yesssss! Please message me in Fourbidden! I’ve been trying to get into Vizsla!
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/12/2021 8:01:11 AM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Border Terriers are a wonderful choice. I dabbled but just don’t have time to breed and show in addition to my Cardigans. But the community is active and happy to help! I have a CH Border bitch who would be perfect for breeding, you’d be welcome to have her if you wanted to get started in the breed. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.