.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : New thread for Buhunds till we get our forum
 Wild Magic Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/6/2007 5:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Wild Magic Kennels Object to Post   

Ok as requested by Norge. I have moved our club thread to here till we finally get our breed forum.
 Running Free Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2007 5:16:40 PM reply with quote send message to Running Free Kennel Object to Post

Okay.I saw it was moved here in the Buhunds breeders to be post.

Courtney
 Blue Bunny
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2007 5:24:42 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Bunny Object to Post

well everyone get posting, i need stuff to update, and i know everyone has pups, stuff for sale, etc. well, let me know

~Char
 Gus555
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2007 5:35:58 PM reply with quote send message to Gus555 Object to Post

one question are we talking about the one Blue Bunny made or a diff one?

if the one Blue made than what is the web?
 Amazonrivel999134
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2007 5:42:46 PM reply with quote send message to Amazonrivel999134 Object to Post

Thank you for posting this in the Herding forum. I think this may be better for us then just posting in the alpha forum. I still can't wait until we get the breed forums.
 Blue Bunny
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2007 8:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Bunny Object to Post

well, we can post in the herding forum, because our post in the Alpha forum has just gotten very long, and well, our posts belong here more than in the Aplha forum. here we can post more openly, and not annoy other premie users with all of our posts. as for Gus555's poat, the website i was referring to was the buhun g club website. www.freewebs.com/sdnbc

~Char
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 7:26:54 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

Concidering the lack of traffic on this site we should be able to have multiple specific threads. There are days with no posts on this forum.

Robbie
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 9:22:31 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

I still think we ought take over one of the breed forums that's a duplicate and unused. All to ourselves!

Brag, 1st boy dog finished, Ch Firebyrd Armadillo last night with three 5pt majors in 3 nites, 3 shows. Hot on his heels finishing in a later show the same night was Ch Trubadors Titan finishing also in 3 nites, 4 shows, with three 5pters and one 4pter. Way to go!

Alas, now it's trying to fight with the G0 girls for anything more!

aka Firebyrd
 Hunters Run
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:06:11 AM reply with quote send message to Hunters Run Object to Post

Is anyone else planning on showing their Buhund in obedience?

I have been training Ch Vakker Vibeke in the basics and her forst trial is coming up on Monday. After working with other Spitz breeds in my other kennels (StoneWood=Pomeranians, New Amsterdam=Keeshonden) and in Real Life, the ease in which the Buhund learns is really refreshing! I think perhaps they will be good contenders in the obedience ring.

I am hoping to earn the first Buhund double title (conformation and obedience) with this girl before she starts her second career as brood bitch.

-Joannie
Hunters Run Hounds
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:19:38 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

In response to Wildsyde. We are members of the Herding Group so this forum will always be our second home. If we were to use a forum for another breed like the Glen Of Imaal Terriers there would be no logic involved. Hopefully we will have our own forum soon after Jeff can get the server forum solved.

Robbie
 Wild Magic Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:21:02 AM reply with quote send message to Wild Magic Kennels Object to Post

I can tell just by how successfully we all have been communicating in these threads that we will have a nice and active forum once we get it. I love seeing breeders work together like this. All of you are great. I would like everyone's opinion on something. We have had our banner contest going for a couple weeks now and every day I bump it up at least once. In my opinion we aren't going to get to many more submissions. So when does everyone think we should end the contest and begin the voting. I'm thinking maybe at the end of the week? What is everyone's opinion on this?

Tammy a.k.a Star*Gems
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:23:03 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

In response to Wildsyde. We are members of the Herding Group so this forum will always be our second home. If we were to use a forum for another breed like the Glen Of Imaal Terriers there would be no logic involved. Hopefully we will have our own forum soon after Jeff can get the server forum solved.

Robbie

ps congrats on both Trubador and Armadillo!

I can't wait until our new boys can be used at stud and we can really start to get away from the starters dogs. The more history we have on traits, the more sense we can make on breeding.
 Norge
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:51:27 AM reply with quote send message to Norge Object to Post

Wild Magic makes a great point. Let's start the voting, In another breed we had over a dozen entries. We voted once to narrow things down to three and then voted again. This is only an idea. What do the rest of you think? By the by, why don't we start voting in a separte thread?

Robbie

Latiff
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 11:57:36 AM reply with quote send message to Latiff Object to Post

I agree lets start voting. How about this weekend. And yes lets make a new thread for that too.

Leslie
(Fjord Pass)
 Blue Bunny
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 7:40:08 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Bunny Object to Post

in answer to the banner contest post, *forgot who said it*, can we wait until next week? Charmed is a good friend,adn just posted why she hasn't made the bnaner, give her a bit of time, i will fix my post to say when the contest will end. i will also e-mail some others who said they would enter about the deadline.
also, i will be workgin on the website this weekend as i will finally ahve soem time to actually work on it, and get all the stuff updated. so, some questions i woudl liek entered are:

> First Ch. Bitch
> First Ch. Dog

i need other suggestions, and all that good stuff, if you think of anythign you woudl liek to see on the website, or would like changed, please speak up, and thank you everyone for beign such a great group!

~Char
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 9:21:59 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I can't wait until our new boys can be used at stud and we can really start to get away from the starters dogs.

Sigh, seems like a loooong time till G1s are old enough to breed. 2 more weeks! Are most going to breed back to G0 or try to get away from them by breeding to G1s? I'm not sure yet.

Add to Blue Bunny's list above, 1st CD, CDX and UD Buhund(s)!

BTW, Jeff's Blog blog.thirdrow.net/blog/ said that new breed starters should be available to subscribers, but haven't heard anything about it on any forums yet. Alas I haven't had starters available in ages.

aka Firebyrd
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 9:46:41 PM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

Sorry about all the re-edits on the above post, had problems with the bold formatting.

Anyone think this G1 girl might have a chance against the G0 girls? Just started wondering if I ought try. This kennel isn't too flush for buying even more sessions with all the Briards I have.

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=4785788
 Raistlins
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 10:39:01 PM reply with quote send message to Raistlins Object to Post

I don't see why you can't try, Firebyrd. Here pretty soon, all the G0's should be pretty much finished up anyways (hopefully!). Of course, when we have the ability to start making starters of our own, who knows what'll happen. Is there any truth to the rumor that dogs received in the drawing are always better than starters dogs made in the kennels? Just wondering out loud happy :)
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/7/2007 11:24:27 PM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

Hey, and here's the 1st Buhund CD!!
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=4754231

Congrats to Rambler! I've noted that Buhunds are very smart and don't take too many sessions to get up there. Am in AmStaffs too, and they take fooorever to session up to 20 show obed. Good Buhunds happy :)

Re starters vs draw G0s, I found the starters were bad like the G1s. I did Black Russians when they were a new breed and had a bunch of starters that I could make but they were very disappointing. Don't know if it'll be that way this round.
 Deep Water
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 3:39:47 AM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Object to Post

Hi there, just started this kennel and have put in offers for a few Buhunds. Never posted on the other thread as I had no Buhunds and knew I wouldn't get any from the draw since I didn't apply for them. I'd like to help bring the breed up and will be looking for weaknesses in my lines. Are people going to be reporting what weaknesses they have in theirs so we can figure out what we need to work on? Anyway, nice to meet you all happy :)

Sarah
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2007 9:09:22 AM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

Well, just about everything is weak right now. There's not much room to go down, just up (or so I hope!) wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 114
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.