Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Want to see some crazy breed numbers?
 kilohana show dogs
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2023 10:27:35 PM reply with quote send message to kilohana show dogs Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

https://www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Plott.aspx

So I took a break from this kennel this summer to focus on my RL show dogs lol. I have been neglecting my Plotts haha. I came back today and was curious as to the top 15 dogs. Imagine my shock when I saw that the top dog has well over 300 defeated! A bunch of new Plott kennels have sprung up and flooded the shows with starters haha. Now it takes a ridiculous amount of dogs to make a major.

The next few months are going to be…interesting?.

-----
Last edited by kilohana show dogs on 9/27/2023 10:28:47 PM
 Redwood Hounds
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2023 10:48:54 PM reply with quote send message to Redwood Hounds Object to Post

I used to breed Plotts a long time ago, I think it was under a kennel I can't long into anymore, Bear River Kennels or something like that.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/16/2023 12:34:55 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Anatolians, Shelties, and I think Malamutes are stupid high still.

Edit: Shelties finally went down a bit.

-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 10/16/2023 12:38:00 AM
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/16/2023 11:28:43 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

The #1 Plott is a starter!

That is so frustrating.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2023 11:50:07 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Corso's going to be added to this list soon since no one listens to me about mass entering in a single all breed show. Guess they'll learn. I'm not going to even bother entering at that point, not even in unentered shows to help even out. This is happening in too many breeds and honestly it's obnoxious. It isn't difficult to spread out the damned entries.

~Black Raven
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2023 9:35:06 PM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

Methinks in some breeds, ppl are trying to get their dogs on the all-time list for the breed and the only way to do that is to get 10-20 entries per show.

Unfortunately it impacts the game for other players, especially if other players have the breed as a side breed. That's why it is highly appreciated when ppl leave one or two good handlers in the case someone wants to enter their solitary male to compete.

It's kind of a catch 22 because in many breeds, people don't show, so if someone else wants to show, they have to put in their own dogs to stack for points, and then eventually another user may want to show but the schedule of points is messed up by the user who shows when no one else was showing and then the other users get mad about it lol. I've been on both sides of the situation and it's understandable as to why ppl would get mad, but I guess that's why there's multiple shows in one day... and so many breeds to choose from. I'm not in many of my favorite breeds because the gameplay within them sucks.

Some ppl save the gameplay by showing a lot of dogs and making majors, but don't put in too many dogs because it might make someone mad who doesn't have many dogs. That's why I think the handler preferences in this game make it unfair. But... that's showing for ya.

/massive rabbit trail
 Phantasm
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2023 10:59:48 PM reply with quote send message to Phantasm Object to Post

Alaskan malamutes are so freaking high now, this is ridiculous.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2023 9:22:40 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

posted by Zoetic
Methinks in some breeds, ppl are trying to get their dogs on the all-time list for the breed and the only way to do that is to get 10-20 entries per show.

Unfortunately it impacts the game for other players, especially if other players have the breed as a side breed. That's why it is highly appreciated when ppl leave one or two good handlers in the case someone wants to enter their solitary male to compete.

It's kind of a catch 22 because in many breeds, people don't show, so if someone else wants to show, they have to put in their own dogs to stack for points, and then eventually another user may want to show but the schedule of points is messed up by the user who shows when no one else was showing and then the other users get mad about it lol. I've been on both sides of the situation and it's understandable as to why ppl would get mad, but I guess that's why there's multiple shows in one day... and so many breeds to choose from. I'm not in many of my favorite breeds because the gameplay within them sucks.

Some ppl save the gameplay by showing a lot of dogs and making majors, but don't put in too many dogs because it might make someone mad who doesn't have many dogs. That's why I think the handler preferences in this game make it unfair. But... that's showing for ya.

/massive rabbit trail

Even with some of the active breeds, people don't care or are too lazy to spread out entries. This is why I'm irritated with malamutes and Anatolians. So I just enter my best dogs, use handlers if judge prefers and usually take the points. I always make sure to spread out entries in my other breeds, I own Gothika in Dogos so you've seen how I spread them out to avoid messing up the point schedule for the next month.
 KOTAKAI
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2023 11:36:05 AM reply with quote send message to KOTAKAI Object to Post

The surest way to destroy a breed and tank the game. I am not afraid to call out malamutes for this. All for the sake of ranking individual dogs and their own breed / overall rank. The latter two are falling because no one wants to play like that. The other day one mal kennel entered 27... TWENTY SEVEN ... of their dogs. The other thing that is going to tank the entire game and absolutely destroy breeds is a new phenomenon I keep seeing. That is where one kennel enters two of their dogs in every single show and I mean EVERY show ALL THE WAY OUT and takes the handlers. So NO ONE can compete. What exactly is the point of that? Borzoi is one doing that. I quit the breed because I literally cannot play. At this point, I am on the fence if I am going to renew next year because of these two BS tactics. There really needs to be limits on how many dogs you can enter in one show. 27 is a bit much and you know who you are!
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2023 11:55:57 AM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

posted by KOTAKAI
The surest way to destroy a breed and tank the game. I am not afraid to call out malamutes for this. All for the sake of ranking individual dogs and their own breed / overall rank. The latter two are falling because no one wants to play like that. The other day one mal kennel entered 27... TWENTY SEVEN ... of their dogs. The other thing that is going to tank the entire game and absolutely destroy breeds is a new phenomenon I keep seeing. That is where one kennel enters two of their dogs in every single show and I mean EVERY show ALL THE WAY OUT and takes the handlers. So NO ONE can compete. What exactly is the point of that? Borzoi is one doing that. I quit the breed because I literally cannot play. At this point, I am on the fence if I am going to renew next year because of these two BS tactics. There really needs to be limits on how many dogs you can enter in one show. 27 is a bit much and you know who you are!
To help lower the point schedule, entering one dog and one bitch in each show helps. I've done this in the breeds I'm in, but I don't take handlers unless I am trying to finish the dog. I also will sponsor specialties to help with that as well, but not all who do what I do, are doing it for the point schedule. We'll be seeing this behavior again in akks, and the low sops are once again not going to be allowed any shows. Even with politely asking for one or two shows, but that is why I use judge preferences to beat the higher sop kennel that does this to us. I won't be ran out of that breed like my daughter was.
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2023 5:47:33 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

I just want to add a point here. You absolutely can finish a dog without ever even beating another dog of it's breed. I've done it multiple times. Group placings and BIS garner points.
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2023 8:15:19 AM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opxhh9Oh3rg

51 dogs. That has to be the cake right there. Deliberate. Calculated. JUST to rank up. There is zero point in entering more than what makes a 5 pt major.

Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/5/2023 4:15:13 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

If you are looking for a major, enter the number of dogs it takes, don't enter 30. It's still only going to be 5 points no matter what you do. But yes, it affects the point scale and I agree that it's either about having the most dogs beaten or not understanding the whole concept of the breed point scales. It's frustrating.
 Phantasm
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2023 12:55:33 AM reply with quote send message to Phantasm Object to Post

They've had it explained to them and they don't care, in any of the breeds having problems with this. In fact, it's gotten worse since having explained it. *rolls eyes*

~Black Raven Kennels
 Phantasm
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2023 12:57:42 AM reply with quote send message to Phantasm Object to Post

Alaskan Malamutes:

SEX 1 2 3 4 5
Dogs 2 10 13 15 19
Bitches 2 6 10 13 17

Wonder if they're figure it out when it keeps getting higher. Probably not, or just leave the breed after, I've seen that happen too.

Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 9:11:28 AM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

posted by Phantasm
Alaskan Malamutes:

SEX 1 2 3 4 5
Dogs 2 10 13 15 19
Bitches 2 6 10 13 17

Wonder if they're figure it out when it keeps getting higher. Probably not, or just leave the breed after, I've seen that happen too.

sent you a PM. Something is very very fishy.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 1:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Edited: was duplicate
-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 12/21/2023 11:35:13 PM

-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 12/21/2023 11:36:18 PM
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 1:35:51 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Last I knew, we are only supposed to have 1 basic account in addition to family/standard rather than up to 18...
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 2:13:16 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

The majority of these kennels are basics. I've sent this list along with other information to Jeff's email because this is ridiculous. On top of that, the IP addresses all belong to the same person.

-----
Last edited by Black Raven Kennels on 11/12/2023 1:26:26 AM
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 5:33:04 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kimoko on 11/11/2023 5:49:25 PM
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2023 5:47:42 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

Its actually more than 32 basic kennels

Replies in this thread : 33
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.