This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 204
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<< prev page next page >>

Degree
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2013 2:32:45 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

I'm confused by Crush Kennels post. We don't have advertising here like RL so I don't see the point of anything you are saying...
 Soundtrack
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2013 5:19:09 PM reply with quote send message to Soundtrack Object to Post

posted by Degree
I'm confused by Crush Kennels post. We don't have advertising here like RL so I don't see the point of anything you are saying...
I believe they're saying that since people with lots of money have an advantage in RL they should here too. Which I disagree with, even though I could definitely benefit from such a policy since my kennel is so deeply in debt (if I'd known about the reset option when I returned to the game I would have asked for it, but it's too late now). As a previous poster said, that's one aspect of RL I prefer to do without.
 Crush Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2013 6:41:36 PM reply with quote send message to Crush Kennels Object to Post

Maybe you guys are right and it doesn't belong in the game, I just see where the benefit from it is. I also had other suggestions if you read my whole post.

IE:

Setting a limit on the amount of money a kennel can get and on a limited basis. You could even put in restrictions like only kennels with -$x are allowed to use this as a tool to at the very least clear the balance. There has to be some way, not everyone can devote all of their time to this game but many, like myself, enjoy the game but find it frustrating to have any success with how fast my kennel goes down.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2013 7:35:08 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

I too would support this idea if there were limits as have been suggested, for example:

Limits on the frequency (4 times per year)

Limits on the amount (whatever it takes to bring your account up to the starting $2500)

Perhaps that you are at $100 or less (negotiable).

Perhaps these three restrictions would be all that is needed - sort of a modified "reset" so you get to keep your dogs.

The real dollar cost need not be too high, just high enough to make the effort worth while to Admin. If it is brought in, I'd like to see it accessible to all.

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2013 7:37:53 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by GaylanStudio9
I too would support this idea if there were limits as have been suggested, for example:

Limits on the frequency (4 times per year)

Limits on the amount (whatever it takes to bring your account up to the starting $2500)

Perhaps that you are at $100 or less (negotiable).

Perhaps these three restrictions would be all that is needed - sort of a modified "reset" so you get to keep your dogs.

The real dollar cost need not be too high, just high enough to make the effort worth while to Admin. If it is brought in, I'd like to see it accessible to all.

I'd feel much better about this feature if this was the case happy :)

I think there should be a limit on how many times you do it, so people are not doing it on purpose.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2013 9:40:08 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I still think any time would be too often, unless it was maybe limited to say, once or twice in the lifetime of the kennel/user.

4 times a year is for sure to frequently.

Eve3n at once a year, that
s one time a year I don't have to care how deeply I drive my kennel into debt, because I get a "get out of jail free card". that's not playing the game as it is meant to be played.

I'm still against.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/25/2013 12:43:52 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Grif, Lilliput I am still in your camp. And love Grif's breakdown.

I am also a long time player, and could put money in the game but my choice, my money. Balance is way low here as struggle out, but I would not want to have that option, I have dug out before and I will dig out again, even if it's 'less fun playing' when I can't freely enter shows.

I homed a bunch of dogs, have way to few girls right now. Yes keeping some knowing can't show for some generations hurts, so do enter some from show results (making my dig out harder ;P)
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2013 11:41:26 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

What do you guys think of a monthly bonus everytime your subscription date rolls over or on the first of the month?

A membership perk.... Maybe $500 SD money?

It doesn't help basics but it makes it that extra little bit more enticing to be a paid member.

Will
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2013 5:41:27 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

posted by Solimar
What do you guys think of a monthly bonus everytime your subscription date rolls over or on the first of the month?

It doesn't help basics but it makes it that extra little bit more enticing to be a paid member.

Will

Why not just increase the minimum salary instead? At least then there would be some element of strategy left.
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2013 8:59:13 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

Well, something needs to be done to address the money dynamics of the game to adjust for the reality that not nearly as many people are playing it anymore. And that reality alone makes it extremely difficult to make money. Much more so than it used to be in the past.

While adding the purchase money option might produce some extra revenue for the site, I don't think it would address the current problem, as the purchased money would just get sucked up again.

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2013 9:16:53 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

This situation is reminding me of how showcats is..economy I heard is super bad.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2013 9:17:32 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Trophyhorse horse doesn't have this problem because if you win a stakes race you could win more than 500k each night.
 Lunatic
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/28/2013 11:43:34 AM reply with quote send message to Lunatic Object to Post

I wish this option was available right now. Yes, it is my own fault that I played the game in such a manner that I am headed quickly to the negatives (my balance is just over $300 atm), but I wish there was an option to bail myself out that wasn't either 1. let my account go dormant for awhile or 2. find a way to sell dogs or win the best payouts. Because let's face it - selling dogs/winning payouts only works when there's a demand/you have a really good dog. In the project I'm working on at the moment both are close to impossible. The only reason I haven't hit this low before was specialty payouts, so I am thankful for those.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2013 12:05:45 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Lunatic, it might be all those retired dogs eating at your bank account.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2013 1:04:07 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by Solimar

Will

I think there needs to be financial bonuses added to the game but I'd like to see them tied to showing.

I'd add financial bonuses for:
- Grand Champion bred
- Grand Champion finished
- Bronze, Silver, Gold Dams/Sires
- Breed and Group level SDWC wins
- perhaps even a small bonus for a Champion

K

Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2013 3:24:15 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

The longer I play SD, the heavier I am leaning towards a need for higher payouts and incentives.
Like, something needs to change or some of us won't survive much longer!

Take this dog for instance:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12407424

A decent dog in the scheme of things. That said, I bought him so long ago that it doesn't even register on my transaction list anymore (over a month ago). I've been sessioning him daily for 30+ days and just recently finally got the last number to a 20.

I've shown him 5 times as of today.

Daily sessioning, plus the cost of each show, plus the cost to feed him every day.
This dog has earned a total of $5.00 TOTAL.
How much have I put into him to earn those $5.00?

Sure, I can probably make up some ground in stud fees, but considering that this breed isn't wildly popular, I'll have to keep it as low as possible just to get anybody to use him. Especially since the odds that I can CH him are slim because I can't afford to keep showing a dog who can't gain a single point in the showring.

He's just one example. I'm showing a couple of breeds who take exceptionally long to fully session and by the time they ARE fully sessioned, the SOP on the breed has already jumped to where my sessioned dogs don't stand a chance.

Sure, I could 'play the game' and add a breed like Labs who are popular and can be CH'd by the time they are 21 days old, but I shouldn't have to. Don't get me wrong, I love being here on SD and learning, but there comes a point where you put so much time and effort into your dogs and get literally nothing back from it. It's very disheartening and quickly makes a person think that they just can't succeed.

Whether real money is added or not, something does need to change so that the less popular breeds are just as fun as the crazy big breeds. The effort and the SD money put into it needs to have a way to come back to us on an equal level. On that, I believe we all can agree!
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2013 3:26:04 PM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

??? WTH?
That long post above is mine. I don't know why it didn't offer my kennel name, or why it's showing as a basic, since my kennel is subscribed!
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2013 4:07:38 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

You timed out.
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2013 4:25:07 PM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

I guess that makes me long winded. Haha.
Thanks for clearing that up for me!
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2013 9:09:51 PM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Vintage Rhino,
I understand the sessioning issue. In real life when you pay for a show entry and show the dog does it NOT learn the same as a training session??? Could there not be a factor incorporated in the program that if you show the dog before the full 20 in training that the entry fee and handler fee would act as a training session???? Sounds like this would help the game on all fronts. People would enter more young dogs, use more handlers and get their training sessions all at once

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 204
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<< prev page next page >>

Thread Closed

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing