Search

.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/19/2015 4:06:22 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Pretty boy! There are lots of good stud choices in 3-4 weeks. happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 4:04:28 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Sorry guys HWK, Audrey… but I can’t tell you that, like I said; I don’t want to share the math yet. In good time, all in good time, happy :) for now I will just say that it has to do with how the traits are weighted. I work with small numbers to simplify everything; I find overcomplicating things makes them work less effectively; it’s true for this too.

Also Audrey, the adjusted SOP formula wasn’t made by me, it’s been around forever. I pretty sure it was made by Skipwall; the same person who developed the calculation for SOP that is still used to this day. I’m glad I could help you by sharing it though. happy :)

Anyway, amazing dog yet again Kianya! o.o Man you guys are getting ahead of me, I need to catch up. razz :p happy :) Those boys are going to be very popular, the ladies will just be lining up for them; I know mine will. ^^ It seems like now that 96% has been broken; it opened the flood gates. I mean just today Oracle Sea sired yet another 96% pup, and a 96.05%! pup, huge congrats to sngpugs for that amazing litter by the way. happy :) I mean wow, two in one litter, that’s pretty cool. ^^

I think that makes five at 96+ in all; that’s crazy. I feel left out. razz :p Oh well, I know I’ll get there eventually, no need to rush. happy :)

Anyway, I’ll go ahead and announce that www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13555450 just earned her bronze merit award, making her my first merit dog since returning, well actually, she is HWK’s merit award, because HWK bred her, but I was very happy with her offspring, so thank you very much for selling her to me HWK. happy :) I only bred her three times, and I do believe she was the fastest and easiest merit I’ve ever completed; wasn’t even trying actually, so that’s something. She really lived up to her name. happy :)
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 7:06:03 AM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Congratulations Drake!! You deserve just as much credit. You chose who to breed her to. happy :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 10:21:59 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by Drake Creek Meadows
...it has to do with how the traits are weighted. I work with small numbers to simplify everything; I find overcomplicating things makes them work less effectively; it’s true for this too.

That's where I'm getting hung up actually. Pretty sure I've tried every formulaic possibility I can think of, even in regards to weighting the traits. I'm reliably getting a 10.6 rather than 10.2.

Also, congrats to both you and HWK on the bronze merit award! That's an awesome achievement! Here's to many more!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 11:31:13 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats Drake and HWK!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 4:07:19 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Well, just retired my first dog ever in my Showdog lifetime. I decided I'd keep Midnight Dream, since we worked up to the #1 Mal spot for GCH points.

He is living the highlife on the couch and gets away with anything he wants, because HEY! he earned it.

I don't normally get attached to the dogs, but this one I had a hard time even getting close to the FH button. Is this my heart virtual dog? laugh :D
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/20/2015 4:12:53 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
Well, just retired my first dog ever in my Showdog lifetime. I decided I'd keep Midnight Dream, since we worked up to the #1 Mal spot for GCH points.

He is living the highlife on the couch and gets away with anything he wants, because HEY! he earned it.

I don't normally get attached to the dogs, but this one I had a hard time even getting close to the FH button. Is this my heart virtual dog? laugh :D

Glad I got a litter in before he got put on the couch! wink :)

I understand that completely though. I already have a few dogs who I've become attached to and know for a fact they'll have a home on my couch in the far off future.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 12:46:32 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Oh yay, did he produce anything for you? happy :)
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 12:53:39 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
Oh yay, did he produce anything for you? happy :)
A few nice girls that you and Drake now have, and a decent boy I'm keeping to improve my lines.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 2:27:03 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks guys ^^, and HWK I owe much success to your dogs, when I returned here your line made it possible to pick back up right away after the loss of my own line. Of course you too Kianya, I don’t think I ever really thanked you guys enough for being instrumental in assisting me to lay down a solid new foundation for my kennel. happy :)

Anyway, Audrey if you’re getting 10.6 reliably than you are on the right track. All you need to know is basic algebra; you are just leaving something out or perhaps you are adding something that shouldn’t be there. Either way you are on the right track. happy :)

Treestand, I’ve felt attached to dogs on here before, I kept several until they died of old age; though I’m guilty of not FHing champions at all. I either sell or retire them, but I never FH them. Just can’t bring myself to toss away dogs I have worked with like that. happy :) It may seem dumb, and it does cost a lot extra in food, but it makes me feel better about my kennel, so it’s worth it. razz :p

Midnight Dream, he’s definitely a special dog, and I too and glad I was able to get a litter before you retired him. happy :) His daughter Drakes Drifting Dreamer is going to have quite the presence in the ring when she gets going I just know it; can’t wait to show her. ^^

Also, I just added a new specialty to the schedule guys, it will run on the 25th and it’s called Dragonmutes Fly Sky High, I got the cost right this time too at $5. So, go check it out and enter some dogs if you want. happy :)

Oh and, I will be on vacation for the next few days so, even though I’ll still be logging on from my phone to not lose the bonus, I will not really be responding to anything, because using the phone for this site is a pain. So if I don’t answer you guys I’m not ignoring you, I’m just not able to reply.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 12:54:40 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Alright I'm back, but in more important news; I came into a heap of unexpected funds, which was an awesome surprise, so I decided to donate some of it to the community, and added a couple more specialties to the schedule; one on the 2nd and one on the 4th. Will be adding more over the next couple of weeks, so check them out and enter if you want. happy :)
 Howling Wolves Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 8:31:18 AM reply with quote send message to Howling Wolves Kennels Object to Post

Thank you Drake!! I need to add specialties and/or payouts if I can ever remember.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 8:58:59 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Last time ill be advertising these guys as I have a few new litters arriving in the next couple of days.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800045 (SOP 95)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13807484 (SOP 94.05 / 95.3 adjusted SOP)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800039 (SOP 95.1)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13807481 (SOP 95.5)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800040 (SOP 94.8 / 95.3 adjusted SOP)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800044 (SOP 95)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13800042 (SOP 95.1)

$100 each or 3 for $200 (One pup $100, 2 Pups $50 each) for those who PM me ahead of time. Will be FH'ing at 10 days old.

-----
Last edited by CountryStrong Kennels on 2/24/2015 9:00:30 AM
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 9:01:09 AM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Also, thank you Drake!! happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 10:06:52 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Thank you for the shows Drake!

I cannot wait to see how Drifitng Dreamer does! If she gets her daddy's hidden decimals, she should do ridiculously well. laugh :D

I tend to keep a young kennel, rarely anything over 60-70 days old, just because I ............ am a hoarder. There, I said it. laugh :D Dropping down to 4 breeds, the little guys just aren't for me.
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 11:46:36 AM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

Thanks for the specialties Drake. Can't wait. Gonna go see how to add some payouts.
 Camp Run-Amok
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 11:50:32 AM reply with quote send message to Camp Run-Amok Object to Post

Okay, this is Rosa Nera from an account with money in it lol

Added $50 payouts in both shows for WB,WD and BIB.
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 3:59:24 PM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

Thanks for the shows Drake! I entered my guys happy :)

And thanks for the payouts Rosa Nera!

Also for anyone color breeding, I just placed a whole bunch of new "color" studs up for stud, all my color boys are $25. They are some of my highest SOP colored dogs to date.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 5:50:28 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Thanks for the specialities Drake and for adding payouts Rosa Nera! Good luck everyone!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 8:06:00 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Thanks for adding payouts Rosa! ^^ Also, no problem guys I love contributing in any way I can, and best of luck to all in the shows. happy :)

HWK, it would be awesome if you added specialties or payouts; they are always most appreciated, and the more the better. happy :)

Also, would you guys rather have more payouts added or more shows? I could do one or the other but not both.

Treestand, it alright, nothing wrong with being a hoarder, there is no right or wrong way to run a kennel, only different ways. happy :) You are awesome for being able to get that many breeds to work in a single kennel. happy :) Also, I hope she lives up to her potential, that would be awesome. Thanks again for keeping Her dad up at stud for so long. ^^

Anyway, since I’m posting here I’d like to brag a little about finishing this dog last night:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13732262

He has the lowest Showshine of any dog I’ve ever finished. It only took him 13 shows too. happy :) He can definitely help prove that showshine doesn’t mean as much as most people think it does. Quality of traits can overcome anything. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 2/24/2015 8:09:05 PM

-----
Last edited by Drake Creek Meadows on 2/24/2015 8:09:12 PM

Replies in this thread : 460
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.